Sunday, May 04, 2008

Needs, something everyone has..


A lot of people have needs (My bro has taught his 1 year old kid to say “I Got Needs”) lol

I believe that needs differ from person to person. Some people have sexual needs, others are looking for satisfaction in life, their jobs, family commitment and the list never ends. If someone was to ask me why do we need stuff?! I believe it’s because everyone wants to be someone important to someone out there. Others look for love and there is nothing in this world thats more important then their relationship.
Some others like my dad, He had to prove his existence in the world and he was able to accomplish that through work by being there for everyone within the organization and scoring big in his tasks. He has marked his name in the worldwide marine industry and I know that this is one of the main reasons he is living life now = a happy man.

A lot of other ppl think fame is what will fulfil their needs. I wanna be an artist, a poet or a famous author. I believe they touch people’s hearts by words and receive acknowledgments. One acknowledgment can make me take down an elephant.

That leads me to INSPIRATION. Just to words “GOOD JOB” is what I need to make me work harder then I did yesterday. My boss, my colleague, my friend or even a family member has inspired me to perfect the task I am currently doing and he/she doesn’t even know it. Great leaders owe their success to the network power they’ve got. In order to strengthen your network power you must be a social butterfly and communicate with your team. Ask them of their accomplishments and have them achieve better and harder goals. When they climb the ladder they’ll be lifting you above them and that means you climb the ladder with their successes.

I can’t do relationships but I’d love to be in one. I think it needs patience and that’s something I just don’t have. I am not close to my family for some odd reasons. Families like it when their brother, sister, cousin or uncle is there for them and especially when they receive the feel of being supported through personal problems. My problem is that I don’t share my problems with a lot of people which somehow means no matter how much I help any of my family member they won’t be able to return the favour. This habit is also bad because some times I enter my own world of “G” and fight my battles alone. A lot of people do not understand that simply because the “G” they saw was smiling and did not have a worry in life. When I enter that world of mine I somehow forget my self and dose off into an imaginable world. A friend of mine once called to inform me that he was having an operation tomorrow. I asked him to take care of himself and to avoid applying pressure on his knee even if it takes 4 months. Or he will never play sports again and all his movements will be NOT EASY. His life style will change some how. A few weeks later another friend comes up to me and was like “btw he said that he informed you and expected that you will tell the rest about his operation, u didn’t even show up to visit him”. I did not have a clue about the operation at that moment until he reminded me about it. He knows how I am and he has this way of making me see that, that conversation did actually happen.

Going back to my point, what I mean to say is I am only human and sometimes I do have mistakes and I know I forget or sometimes I loose my way in conversations. Last time I checked everyone in this world has a problem or two. Plus your problem is your problem so if you have a problem, why are you angry at me because I did not offer help? If I choose to offer my help then that should be considered as a bonus and not something you base your trust on.

LoL i understand the problem now. His or her needs were different then mine. He needed someone to support him through the problem and I was busy valuing something else. Life is full of measurements so when do we get to rest?! When we drive we measure the distance between the cars around us, when we work then we measure risks and stuff, when we talk we measure our words, when we eat we measuring how much we can take, etc.

I believe I’m growing up to be like my father, the guy who gets his needs (acknowledgement) through work and the legitimacy of his words. I’d love to grow up to be like the godfather only without the blood sheds. I would also like to write a book or two that will influence at least one person out of the 6 billion people in the world. My pops has a couple and I like to believe that I can possibly do it as well.

After writing all this, I am embarrassed to say that the only thing that will make me happy are the readers acknowledgments.

DAMN!!! WHY DO WE HAVE NEEDS?


G

13 comments:

Abdullah Al-Bahrani said...

This is good info. I think I learned more about you then i have ever known.
Good post.

Degoat said...

lol tanx yar but i think its a bit too long..

how is ur finnnnal looking?

G

Kay said...

Its alright to be vulnerable and show a different side to yourself. You have needs cause you are human (surprise surprise!)

Read and research on " Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs" to get a different and more scientific perspective on the topic you brought up. You'll better understand the psyhological aspect of it all.

I really enjoyed reading this G.

Living Well in Muscat said...

Because we are humans and we have expections attached to needs 90% of the time :P ok maybe 90% is a little too much but I think its the right number 2 write down..

Nice entry Degoat ^_^

Degoat said...

kay.. you my super star, i thought u should know tht JUST IN CASE..

i will check tht out n merci..

oh oh oh maybe one day we can publish a book together lol :P

---

Charm :)

thts how life is "We need to do what we do in order to get what we want"

G

Unknown said...

Your role in life is to support others, but its not an obligation to do so when things are out of your way. You do the best you can and a slogan that I always recall “Live and let live” Thus do your best and allow yourself to be less than perfect though you may expect perfection in everything which only makes you a better person for trying.

G, enjoyed the post and was surprised to your depth. Its another side you never show

Degoat said...

Ya my mother hates that part of me. She thinks i usually dont act upon the let live rule. If i see anyone dear to me going through a little sumpthin'sumpthin', she believes i somehow jump in to rescue even though it puts me through problems..

My depth :s
I keep on believin tht im an opened book but somehow i hear tht alot..

Thanx warda ;)

KittySigurdardottir. said...

There's more to life than work and achieving super stardom.

I'm glad to see that you have woken up to what you love to do degoa.Go after it with all you got never give up on your dreams,dream on dream on.Soon and very soon you will cross that brigde,let nothing hold you back.Don't even look at the hindrances that come your way.

Degoat said...

My dream is to fly
Over the rainbow so high

:P

Thanx Kristen - we all have to do our bests

G

Hanan said...

I second Charm who mentioned expectations.

Your friend did not need your support, he was just expecting it. That is the problem!
Having expectations just complicates our relationships. You expect your crush to flirt back, you expect your mother to love you unconditionally, you expect your brother to protect you. And when these people fail us - whether it was consciously or unconsciously - that is when it really hurts.

Once you start having little or no expectations from someone, it would be harder for them to fail you!

Ok that's it for now :)

Thanks for passing by my blog!

Degoat said...

cheers Hanan, i enjoyed ur blog..

expectations do complicate things.. I try to control my expectations or i guess i'd be hating the whole world now..

G

Degoat said...

lol after i wrote the new post i noticed ur comment ella..

what say u :P

G

Omani Princess (not Omani...yet) said...

I think every human being wants acknowlegement and understanding, and they just express these two in all the other means you listed, relationships, work, fame, sex, love...