Sunday, December 04, 2005

Bikes & US!!!


After cruising around town with my cousins bike, I have now decided to get my on bike. The new Honda Fireblade 1000CC beast. But ever since I mentioned that, have been on my case trying to stop me from buying the beast

Recently ppl have been in lots of accidents, most bikers blame the car drivers since we have no respect to ppl on bikes here in this part of the world. I myself have noticed how ppl seem to think its kool or its okay to stick near a bike rider like glue, maybe that will boost him up and he will show us what's he working with. PPL that shit is scary and when you are on a bike, a small reaction can lead to be a very bad accident.

When you get your license here, the ROP never mention anything about riders in the street, and whats the safest way to drive around them. I remember when I got my driving license, i didn't even have anyone explaining to me the famous 2 second rule of safe driving.

In the states you get penalties from careless driving and you have to go through driving lessons depending on how careless you were. I think that would be really useful in this part of the world.

G

9 comments:

Kay said...

FInalllly u updated!!!

dont get a bike! recently my friend had a really bad accident and he's been laying in the hospital for the past 4 weeeks and counting!

heey fill me in, "the famous 2 second rule of safe driving"?? or is it something that u r suppsed to pick up urself? telll meee

Degoat said...

LoL..

I just got me my safety jacket n touched 220 for the first time on thursday :P

The two second rule is.. when you keep safe distance between you and the car in-front of u.
Try it out when you’re in the main road. use a pall to count. as soon as the car in-front of u passes the pall u choose.. count 2001, 2002, 2003…
untill you reach that pall.. if you reach 2002 bes then you are safe

They say that distance between u and the car in-front is the safest distance; cause it gives u enough time to react comfortably and avoids those silly accidents we always see here in Oman..

U’ll notice the slower you go the closer the distance is and vice versa

Anonymous said...

Duuuuude, finally updated and an interesting topic ba3ad. I think bikes are cool, but i'm not for the idea of anyone getting a bike, coz i honestly think its unsafe. My cousie got one recently and he's mom's hit the roof because of it, so i can imagine your parents being against it.

I totoally agree, they are som ppl out there who have no raod/street driving atiquette and tailgating is a big issue out here and i guess as you say they don't understand the concept of keeping space, hence the terrible accidents.

I hear that PDO has invested in a new defensive driving school out here, so i hope this will make a difference to the way ppl drive out here. Coz the rate in which accidents have occured and the number of death caused by car accidents have drastically risen in the past few years out here and its pretty scary, that's why i'm very against guys getting bikes. Although, i'd have to say i think they are really cool and i've always wanted to ride one. Good luck on the decision you make, although give it some thought.

Bravecat said...

Waiting for the camping pics and ideas!

=^..^=

Degoat said...

LoL.. i'll post a topic but i just went through a couple of pics.. i can only post few since i dont think its a good idea to show my friends pics.. dont want them comin down on me

Degoat said...

Its ok in summer... A bike is not something you can ride all the time.

I don't really like Yamahas. The last bike i would go for are Yamahas. forget the R1, check out the honda fireblade..

G

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on stamina exercise bike ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to biking and stamina exercise bike with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.abracing.org

Anonymous said...

I really liked your writing style. Excellent stuff. Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

What a great site porto allegra