Saturday, December 10, 2005

Camping in Oman








Before I say anything bout camping let me advertise a new camping trip happening this weekend. {Discover the beauty of Oman, convoy will move from Muscat to Quriat, Ras Al Had, Ras Al Jinz to sharqia Sand Dunes and finally stop at Bidia Waheba Sands. All include food accommodation only for 35 RO.}

Now this is one trip I would love to go to. My best trips that I’ve been to was in Ras Ruwais, as soon as we get there a rain storm had hit us just as we were fixing up our tent. It took about 11-15 ppl to hold on to the tent as it was drifting away from us. Both genders boy and girl suffered and not only the guys :P hint ladies = u gotta get ur ass dirty too when u out in the desert.

One of my favourite ones was when I went to Ras Medraka, we caught lots of fish over there but the best part was the night before, we camped over there before we started the tough part of the journey, digging the car every after 10 minutes, we got stuck like it was no mans business.
Other places I camped in were Wahiba Sands – I’ve been there many times and planning to go there again some time soon. Ras Al Had, Jabal Shams – it was in May but the temp was 14C. Jabal Shams a couple of times, Wadi Shab, Wadi bani Khalid, Snack Gorge , etc…

One pic that im gonna post is a pic of us fighting over the last bar of chocolate. We didn’t carry enough with us. The best way of camping I think is camping in the middle of no where. I hate it when someone suggests we go camp in one of the resorts hnak. Why camp if that’s the case?! We are better off going to the farm n sleep there.

Most ppl in Oman have second thoughts when it comes to camping worried that they might need to use the bathroom or somoething. PPL yes, you will have to suffer for 24-48 hours. Or maybe you can dig a hole and dump your master piece there. We do carry water to clean your self up. But trust me the last thing you think off is doing number ONE or number TWO when you are out there. The whole atmosphere and everything is different when you are there.

G

10 comments:

Bravecat said...

Great pics, thanks! :^) But that's just desert! Where are the mountains and green stuff? We've got plenty sand here in Qatar too.

And yes the problems with number one and two are ranked high on my I-don't-do-camping list. Trust me, no difference in atmosphere can make ME forget about it when I HAVE TO GO! :^)

=^..^=

Anonymous said...

Nice pic you got there G. Heard bout the fun drive this weekend and sounds very interesting, its always good to go when you have a good group with you.

Camping is fun, you just need to be adventurous & girls should just quit the whining as you said G if you're going to go camping then you have to suffer the consequence of getting wet and dirty. :p

Degoat said...

MSM u know how to have fun :P

QC, i will try to look for better pics and post some.. bes i dont even know if imma get pics.. and its not just pics of desert.. seriously u will love camping here in Oman..

G

Lym said...

lol , I am a gal who is always up for an adventurous camping trip.

I have camped in Wahiba Sands, Tiwi (Safa'a) which was our 12th grade camping trip organised by the school. We had to sleep with our legs and hands up , supporting the tents because the gushing winds were trying to steal our cheap tents. Overall , we had a good time with the girls whining ! lol

And I am going to Wahiba Sands this weekend. Lets see how that goes :P
There will probably be an update on my blog when I come back into Muscat.

btw , interesting blog :)

Anonymous said...

OK G, are you asking me whether i know how to have fun *in a mocking tone* or are you praising me for being knowing how to have fun?!

which one, plssss elaborate u silly goat.

Degoat said...

LoL MSM... i was complimenting you u lunatic..

lym, u have an interesting blog as well :) just went through itm.. Im new to this thing.
I was supposed to be in Wahiba as well this week but i guess its not happening.. write something bout it when ur back :P promote camping in Oman :P

Najah said...

Thats coooool, nice pictures mbuzi.. those bikes loooks dangerous though...subhan alllah matooob, remember your hand gues you still have those burned marks on them wella?! :D:D:D:D

Degoat said...

naja7- LoL.. i still have the marks but it doesn't hurt now.. plus i still think i can take a lil bit more pain

G

Degoat said...

we are plannin a trip on the 28th, crossing wahinba to ras ruwais.. u should join us then..

ras ruwais is the best place eva to camp in..

G

Degoat said...

life- thanx!!!

Oman is da Bomb